Is it a typically american thing to eat fruit with bacon/sausages - or bacon or sausages with syrup and pancakes... ?

i've never seen those mixes eaten for breakfast anywhere else ive visited?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Not this American, but thats what they serve for breakfast at resterants like Dennys or Sherrys
    momluja

Answer by momluja at 6:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It depends on the person...
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I haven't had breakfast sausage in so long . .. yummy. My typical restaurant breakfast would consist of Eggs, sausage, toast and some fruit, but here at home, I barely ever even eat breakfast.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I dont eat fruit with bacon and sausage, but if Im eating pancakes and the syrup get on my meaty yumminess, than by all means im going to eat it that way. I dont really plan it, but i use alot of syrup so it goes everywhere. But i wouldnt really call it an American thing.
    IrishRocker

Answer by IrishRocker at 9:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Maybe its a northern thing? I am from washington and that sounds pretty normal to me. Now things like grits and biscuits and gravy...those are southern. So maybe its not just american but something more common in the north.
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am from Texas(living in Arkansas), we eat sausage, bacon, fruit, pancakes, french toast...

Pretty much any combo you can imagine for Breakfast. I love to make mini muffins, a fantastic fruit salad with ginger dressing, and cook bacon for breakfast.

I also love french toast with syrup with sausage along side for breakfast. I normally have fruit with that too.

I try to have fruit with every meal, and as a snack as often as possible.
    PatCarMom

Answer by PatCarMom at 10:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I will have to say that while we were stationed in Spain, they do not really eat a lot of breakfast meats. Breakfasts over there are typically toasted crusty bread with fresh garlic rubbed on and topped with a tomato puree, or the bread topped with a chorizo spread. And always coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Apples, sauted in butter with cinnamon and brown sugar with sausage and eggs for breakfast
    Bacon, or sausage with whole wheat pancakes and butter pecan syrup. Yes, the syrup has to run on the meat.
    I have been an American all my life and this is what this American eats. When peanut butter is out of season or rancid.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When I lived in Italy, their breakfast is usually a cornetti and a cup of cappuccino..And we wonder why our country as a whole is FAT!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009