Any thoughts on the 11 yr old boy that shot his step-mom?

Donna999

Asked by Donna999 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• From what I heard he had legally obtained the gun from a company that specifically sells guns to children... am I wrong?
    I'm just going by what my partner told me, so.

If that is true, screw America's flippancy about guns, it's disgusting. Never been so happy to live in gunless Ireland as when I hear stories like that.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• They should try him as a juvenile, in juvenile court. Be placed in juvenile jail tell he is 18-21.

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree they should try him as a juvenile, not as an adult.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 7:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Well from what I have heard I believe it to be a premeditated act, and for that I believe he should be tried as an adult, sent to a juvenile facility until he is of legal age then sent straight to an adult prison, I don't think he should get life but I do think he should be charged twice once for her and once for the unborn baby, maybe a good 30 years in prison would teach him a lesson

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He's a sociopath. End of story.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 7:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• He's a kid who obviously has some serious issues. It is not in a 11 year old kid's nature to kill. My son is 11, and I could never imagine him doing this. Yes they know right from wrong, they know that death is permanent. This boy had hunted before from what I hear, so he would know the permanence of death. I fully believe her murder was premeditated and he should be put away for a very very long time, but I don not think he should just be relegated to prison for the rest of his life. Put him in juvie til he's 18 or whatever the age is, then throw him in an adult jail to serve the rest of his sentence. I also say he should be charged for 2 murders. He should be made to go to a good counselor to get the mental help he obviously needs as part of his rehabilitation while in prison also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Juvie until he turns 25, then death row.
    Anonymous

• read the other posts about this.. my opinions are listed in 3 of the 5 that already asked this question.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009