Vaccines or No Vaccines?

hello everyone, hope you all doing well!
Just wondering if anybody has anything to say about the somewhat contreversial issue of VACCINES OR NO VACCINES, I, personally have vaccinated my 2 older boys and my 2.7 year old got some shots too, until I started researching on the topic and so far I have stoped the vaccines with my 2 younger boys.
Have any of you noticed any good or bad differerence or even experienced any complications from vaccines?

Janasboys

Asked by Janasboys at 6:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• That one word is as much BULL as Autism. That one was disproven a LONG time ago.

Tell that to a cloe friend who's baby died 2 days after her vaxxes. She was originally diagnosed SIDS at death and they CHANGED THE DIAGNOSES to death from VACCINATION REACTION. You prove it is disproven. You people with healthy kids have no idea what it is like to live with a child (or without a child) who is a vaccine casualty.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Both of my children have been vaccinated, and my 3rd one will be too. I have never had any negative side effects, and I feel that the benefits out weigh the risks. JMHO.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have vaccinated all 3 of my kids (who are now 11, 10 and 4,) and we have had no ill effects. I choose to vaccinate because there are people out there who don't and if there happens to be a epidemic of the diseases then I want my kids to be protected. The CDC estimates that if we were to stop vaccines, then in a few years there would be a huge increase in the occurrences of these diseases that are sometimes deadly or debilitating for children (measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, hepatitis, pertussis, etc). I want my kids to be protected in that case. All 3 of my children are perfectly functioning children who are getting really good grades, read at levels above their grade level, and have no other side effects from the vaccines. Not disagreeing with those who choose not to, it is a personal choice when you have to weigh the pros and cons and make your own decision.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i agree with the above. actually i never knew it was an option. my son is 2 now and i just thought all parents vaccinate and thats what you are supposed to do. i didnt know that it was an option until joining this site. regardless, im glad i vaccinated him and if i have more children then i will vaccinate them too. for the same reasons that the mothers above me did-the benefits outweighed the risks in my situation.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Between childhood vaccines, vaccines required for school and college and vaccines required for the 8+ years I've been in health care and in 24 years of life, I've been just fine :-) I prefer the bennefits to outweight the risks and don't medicate myself unless I think it is necessary.

For children, I don't believe in being radically for or against vaccines one way or another. Medicine is constantly changing and improving. If my doctor is suggesting a vaccine for my child, I research it, research the brand my doctor uses and THEN decide if he'll get it or not. I never automatically say "I don't believe in vaccines." If the bennefits outweigh the risks, he'll get it. If not, he won't. But new and safer vaccines are being made every day, I don't want to taboo them all just because "vaccines" in general have become very unpopular.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my son has gotten ever shot except the active virus shots
    Anonymous

• My oldest three are completely vaxed. My 5 year old hasn't had shots since he was about 12 months. My youngest is vax free aside from two DTaPs when I was still hinking of selectively vaxing. New baby won't have ANY at all. None of my kids will ever get another vaccine. With my youngest, I finally have a completely healthy child and it's nice. I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks now that I've done the research. If they were t remove the toxins(and blood, chicken and monkey parts) in them I might consider selectively vaxing but I still have an issue with artificial immunities which is what vaccnines are so I'm not sure.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• All three of mine are fully vaccinated.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• There are many side effects to too many vaccinations given too young.
    Autism is one, although you may hear denial of this.
    The number of autistic children has grown tremendously.
    Vaccinations weaken/damage immune systems of infants who already have a compromised immune system.
    MaryElle

Answer by MaryElle at 12:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Would people please leave Autism out of these discussions. There is NO causation!! NONE!! There never has been!!!

The number of autistic children has grown tremendously because there are more children in the US than years before, there are better diagnostic tools now, there has been an expansion of the number of disorders on the damn spectrum! Get a freaking clue people.

There are kids who are NOT vaccinated who have autism. There are kids with autism who have brothers or sisters who don't have it.

Give it a damn rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009