Do your kid(s) ever-

get all- my life is so bad and start to feel sorry for them selves? My daughter is ten and she gets all hurt if she cant have a sleep over on the week end or she does't get her way about something and I have to remind her about all the little special things that we do for her because we LOVE her. Do your kids ever try to make you feel guilty as a parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son is 2 but i do have a 10 year old sister. whenever she didnt get her way (she doesnt do this anymore) she would say "this is the worst day of my life". lol im like-really? you have only been alive 10 years...lol. she was always a little dramatic.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Heck, do you ever think a kid will see your point? NOPE! It is just not happening. I ask my teen hey pick up that coat, and their reply is "I didn't put it there".. They get so confused I didn't ask that! Oh well I guess all mom's stories are the same.
    My daughter gave me the 'well this is your fault' talk because I went out the night before and he had waited to the last minute to do something. Some how it was my fault because the night before I did something for me. Not like really special I went to a sewing meeting. I said no it is not my fault, it is yours for procrastinating. She tried to make me feel guilty and it almost worked, but guess what I hardly ever do fun stuff for me.So there! Teens. Oh yeah your not even into that teen stuff yet.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That wouldnt make me feel guilty, it would make me feel irritated. If i say no then i mean NO and there will be no whining about it. Its expeted though, and it makes little girls even cuter ;)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 7:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009