Are you going to watch President Obama tonight?

President Obama will be giving a speech to Congress and I was just wondering if you would be watching and what you hope to hear?

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm getting extra credit to watch it, otherwise I'd skip it for the transcript without the 20 minutes of mindless applause congress will interject into it. I hope to hear, "yeah, I get it, this congress is full of idiots and we're going to deal with them." But I don't expect it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No, I think I have a root canal,or maybe getting my toenails pulled out. Would be more willing to do either one than listen to more of his lies. I've never seen anyone so adept at talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time. Worst part is, he believes every word he's saying. God help us all!
    Anonymous

• nope
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes, very closely. Like a damn hawk, that's how he has to be watched. He's slimey that ONE.
    Anonymous

• I will. And I will keep a copy of the transcript at hand thereafter to question him and hold him accountable. It's my thing... That's the way I roll :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• doubt it
    Anonymous

• when he made the speech on his spending package he stood up in front of millions of americans and lied when he said there were no earmarks or pet projects in his spending package it is full of them you could almost hear his package say oink it is so full of pork tonight will just be more of his lies.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• uhnewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Of course. I think it's appropriate to be educated about the things I'm praising or complaining about with regards to our President and Congresspeople...no better source than to hear it straight from the horse's mouth!
    Anonymous

• Of course I will. I'd rather hear what's going on directly from him than from the news or unreliable resources.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009