Why can't people give this President a chance?

Why does it seem people are bashing him from day one! They haven't even given him a chance. Honestly try to post one positive thing about him even if you are a Republican. This country needs to pull together either way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I like that he didn't grow up spoiled rich and has worked hard to get where he is at now. He seems genuine in caring about the working middle class people.
    Anonymous

• Because he's not giving any of us a chance! He's driving us into the depths of hell at a record pace. Exactly why should we "give him a chance?"
    Anonymous

• One good thing about him: he's not named Clinton

And people are giving him a chance. He spent over a month before being sworn in to get up to speed, and he started working on day one. He has made choices that are subject to criticism from his first day in office. Most jobs give a 30-90 day probation period. He's nearing day 60. Most jobs do not just sit back and ignore you and let you do whatever you want for probation, then suddenly beat you over the head with criticism on day 31 or 91, they observe, critique, and correct from day one. Why should the most important job in the country be held to a lower standard than your average McDonald's trainee?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• How do you know that? Bush has sent 12 billion to Iraq per month for how many years? You don't have facts, he is trying to help. I feel like you just don't want to see that.
    Anonymous

• Wake up and smell the coffee. He's AFRICAN AMERICAN! That's why people have such a difficult time accepting him. Think I'm wrong? Then why have hate crimes against AA's increased since Obama was elected? Don't tell me his race has nothing to do with it.
    Anonymous

• To answer your question, I respect that he's president. It's not about who's giving him a chance and who's not. It's all about his policies. I refuse to give his policies a chance. Most of them sicken me.

One good thing about him: he's got pretty teeth.

Shall we all sing Kumbaya now?
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You mean like the chance the other side gave Bush? Huh, imagine that.
    Anonymous

• Anon 7:36 - hardly. Giving the President a chance doesn't mean blindly going along with whatever he puts forth because he's the president and its been a month. I don't think the things he's been advocating thus far have been overwhelming such swell ideas. It's not *him* I take issue with. It's his policies. He might be a mighty swell guy, but his politics to date don't agree with me. I'm open to see what he does next. I haven't ruled his future actions pointless. i'm saying, what is in front of me *today* is hardly worth *my* getting excited over.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 7:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hey anon 7:36, please prove to us that hate crimes have increased against black people since he was elected. That is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I don't give 2 craps what color he is. I am against EVERYTHING he stands for. He could be pink with purple polka dots...I do not care. I'm so tired of people pulling the race card. We have a black president true, it's not the people who are agaisnt him that need to get over it....it seems to me, that it's the people who are FOR him who just can't get past it.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

we did give Bush a chance. He went from a 90% positive rating to a 30% approval rating. ZHe earned our hatred. You all hated (and were very loud about it) Obama from day one and some were even calling for him to be killed or impeached.
    Anonymous