• In the Spotlight:

What do you think? (Another Nadya Suleman question)

Now she says that the reason she used the 6 embryos is because they were living embryos that she didn't want destroyed. Do you still think she was wrong for using them when she couldn't afford more kids? Should she have let them be destroyed? What do you think?

Momma2beauties

Asked by Momma2beauties at 7:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I look at it like being pregnant and either being forced to abort or forced to give your baby up for adoption, if that were the story how many of us would flip out because that is just so wrong to take away a womans baby, without just cause, which no one can say not being able to support them is just cause because how many accident babies and kids are out there whos parents couldn't afford them but figured out a way to make it work.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• no, anyone with a chance at life deserves to have it!! She wanted her kids to live, people shouldnt look down on her for that!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• IMO, she did the right thing the wrong way. I am not for them destroying the embryos! I think she could've got 3 implanted and maybe had 3 babies and then later use the other 3. If this is true I don't think she was wrong for getting pregnant if they were going to destroy the embryos. I think she should have planned it better and had a job and a way to pay for caring for her kids. I just really don't know if I'm against what she did IF she did it for that reason.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 7:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think it's probably cheaper to store 6 embroys than raise 6 more kids on top of 6 you already have. She should have kept them stored until she could afford to have them...or donated them to people who can't have kids of their own. I think she is selfish and possibly off her rocker.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You can donate your embryos to a couple who cannot have children because the wife cannot produce eggs. Fertility clinics can and do this so, they wouldn't have been destroyed and she wouldn't have 14 kids she can't take care of. The real reason is that she has mental issues and she's selfish.
    Anonymous

• I'm pro-life and don't believe they should've been destroyed, but I DO believe she should've broken the number of implanted embryos up (two or three at a time...not all remaining six.) If she couldn't afford it, hard as it probably was--she should've donated them.

How many other responsible people are there in this world that can't have children and would give their right arm for the opportunity? People who would shower that child with more attention than they could have ever dreamed of, and been able to support and provide for them on their own.
    Anonymous

• Not everyone is comfortable with someone else having a baby that is biologically theirs. I know I couldn't do it. Those are my eggs, my babies. I just don't think I could do it. I'm sure there are many other women who feel the same.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 8:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I totally agree hautemama! Totally!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 8:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think she should have waited until she had a job, moved out of mommy and daddy's house and became a responsible adult. now, she's ust going to live off the government, her parents and donations.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think so many folks are angry about this situation because she already had 6 kids that she couldn't take care of and had to have her parents to support her and them. Then to turn around and have 8 more with not a care in the world as to the responsibility is just not really fair to the 6 she has, the new 8, or her parents. There are a group of professionsls that are privately funded and willing to help her. As of today she still has not accepted this offer. These ANGELS are willing to help her with the children and all care for all 14 of them and help her get on her feet and on the road to self-suffiency. Now what in the world is she thinking by not accepting an offer like this. Will benefit her, her family, her parents and noit place a burden on the California taxpayers.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009