help...

how can i help my lil guy. my baby is 2 weeks and is constipated. how can i help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pediatrician told me to use some apple juice diluted with an equal amount of water.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• well if he is constipated then you are prob. FF him and about the only thing i know to do for that is try a diff. formula. if it is bad you need to call the ped. cause i don't think you could give him and juice at that age but IDK... If you can BF him do so and he won't be constipated.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If he is 2 weeks old, you need to talk to his doctor BEFORE you try anything we might suggest.

And is he truly constipated?
    Does he really have to push and strain to go? Is his poop little hard pellets or big hard rocks? If so, then talk to your doctor.
    Is it that he goes less than once a day but he goes easily and it's mushy? Then he's fine. Babies can go 5 or 6 times a day or once every 5 or 6 days. It's not how often he goes, it's how hard it is for him to go when he does poop.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Could be his formula
    MRSHEATHERSMAMA

Answer by MRSHEATHERSMAMA at 8:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This sounds wierd but I had to do this with Turk when he was small. Lay him on his back and make his legs go in the motion of pedalling a bicylcle. You ought to consider the formula thing too.
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 8:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• often times with constipation is the consistency of the poop and not the frequency at which your baby goes.

kaycee also offered a lot of great information.
    please check with your ped before giving baby any home remedies!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009