How do I act now?

My boyfriend was already in bed the other night. I was still up, the bedroom door was closed but the light was on. I needed to go in to use the bathroom so I knocked and walked in. I saw him looking at a small book but he seemed startled and put it in his nightstand drawer very quickly. I acted like it was nothing, came back out and he was reading another book. I wondered if he was looking at porn or something. I forgot about it. But then checked his nightstand drawer yesterday and guess what I found!!! A jewelry store catalogue of diamonds. I couldn't believe it. There is no other reason he'd be looking at a diamond brochure as we've been together for 2 years now and have a beautiful relationship. I am ecstatic -but now I don't know how to act. And do you think it is just for diamond earrings or something? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• aww! Don't let on!!
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt get my hopes of...they odds are good he will propose, but if he doesnt you still want to be happy. If you are expecting it and it doesnt happen it could put a strain on your relationship!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• LOL, wow would you be disappointed if he was buying something for his mom or sister or whoever and not you! Now THAT would be a surprise!
    Anonymous

• hmm.. I found out when my husband was going to propose too (sil has big mouth) I did not let on... but he also wasn't very slick.. so I did act surprised, but when he asked if i was surprised I was honest... ("well... I did see you checking out the store that one day, and you did say that you picked out my christmas present two months ahead of time so that was weird..and I hoped it would be this but didn't want to get my hopes up)

and from now on stay out of his drawers!!!!! Future hubby deserves some privacy...lol.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Act completely oblivious. :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• aww don't let on. Act surprise.. i guess snooping can bring good things sometimes lol. everytime i snoop i get burned hehe
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That's the trouble with snooping, sometimes you ruin the surprise for yourself, lol. Act surprised, don't let on and see what he comes up with.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 8:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This is the first time I've EVER snooped. I'm normally not that way. But I really thought that with the way he acted so surprised when I walked in and it was obvious he was hiding something - I just couldn't resist. He never hides things from me and I really had no clue it would be a diamond brochure. I really didn't know what to expect. It was rather uncharacteristic of him to be acting sort of sneaky that way. But he's been lately talking more and more about our future together. So it fits really. I'm actually relieved I saw it because I was beginning to wonder if and when there would ever be a proposal. He'd been so burned by his ex.
    Anonymous