Do babies ever get "overweight" off of breast milk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no breastfed babies are ALOT less likely to become obese, but most babies have a pot belly lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• not strickly off BM, but as they get older and start solids then there is a chance. but at the 0-12 months it really isn't an issue. when they start walking they will loose much of their baby weight, and a plumper baby is healthier.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My baby is a whopping 13lbs and she is only six weeks old. She is busting out of some of her 0-3 mth clothes. She is strickly breastfed and she is not nursing any more or longer than she should. She was 9lbs 4oz at birth. Some babies are just big!
    actress

Answer by actress at 8:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My baby was big off breast milk. She got bigger when i took her off of it...
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 8:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• it's not possible for a baby to be overweight unless of course they have some other underlying condition that would cause them to gain weight at a rapid rate.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i have a 7 month old who has only eatten boob and hes 25lbs and 28in tall....wearing 18/24 months!!!!! Hes perfectly healthy and happy. You have nothing to worry about. :)
    MissMamaAshley

Answer by MissMamaAshley at 8:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My boys both doubled ,and nearly tripled for one of them, their birth weight by their 6 wk check up. No baby can be overweight on breast milk alone. They will be beautifully plump, it's healthy weight. I did lot's of research when my boys were babies. The facts haven't changed. God provided them with exactly what they need. All you have to do is eat right, drink plenty of fluid, and give them what God made them. The baby will be fine.
    peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 8:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009