so nervous and so scared... please help...

My husband is a police officer and everyone I know works except me, yesterday my doctor told me that it could be anyday now with my mucus plug gone and having so many contractions... I am SO scared to be alone if something happens but I can't ask anyone to stay home with me. My husband keeps telling me he will stay home but at the same time I don't want him to take time off work yet because then he won't have as much time when our son is born. If he isn't born by Sunday night she is going to induce and that scares me too. I just don't know what to do or think right now... is this my hormones or do I have a legit reason to be scared... I really don't know and could use some advice.

Larsbug

Asked by Larsbug at 8:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just be calm. If you go into labor your DH can leave ASAP to be with you, early labor isnt hard...active labor is when you will need him the most. Take a deep breath...good luck
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• hang in there...and dont be scared. Things will work out for you.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I know its scary I didn't want to go into labor when my DH was at work either. He works 30 mins away and that freaked me out. But he got off work once I told someone that I was in labor he got here in PLENTY of time. It takes hours for a baby to be born so you'll be fine! Just keep your bags packed and he gets off work and you all go to the hospital and try to be as happy bout it as you can when your in pain. If your induced don't worry too much its not THAT scary....then again I got the epidural. (I recremend it but if its not for you then no pressure) I'm terrified of needles and I was begging for it. lol! plus they numb it before they put it in. :) Good luck hun! Stay positive!
    MollyDB

Answer by MollyDB at 8:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• it is nerve wracking no matter what... I am on my third and still nervous about the birth. It is a big deal. This is why I had the scheduled induction with my other two... i wanted to be absolutely sure that the father and my mom could be there...
    you are wise to have your hubby wait until the baby is coming because if your labor happens naturally you will have plenty of time to get him to the hospital... if you are induced then you will know for sure when it will happen. either way, as nervous as you are now you will need the second set of hands so much more when baby is born, plus your husband would probably rather spend more itme ate home after the baby is there

either way, take deep breaths and relax... you'll get through this
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• it is totally normal to be scared. i was, i live an hour from the hospital and my hubby works an hour the opposite way. so i would wig out that i might not make it in time being it would take a total of at least 2 hours to get to the hospital. then they were going to induce me but i went in to labor a couple hours before i had to go to be induced, and am glad. i'm afraid that if i was induced that something would go wrong... but everything turned out ok and i am sure it will for you as well. just try to stay calm and if a false labor call to hubby happens then so be it. good luck

setliff

Answer by setliff at 8:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• trust me you aren't the only one .just remember in the end all will be ok. i am kinda a little bit my self more for the fact i am afraid of being alone with my daughter and having something happen she is only 5 and not sure how she would handle things don't want her too be scared but again as long as i am ok for her she should be ok with all
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The early parts of labor aren't bad at all. When you realize that it's "time", your husband will have plenty of time to get home. Heck, he's got the dang police lights & sirens to get him there faster, if necessary! lol I realized I was in labor at like 1am, laid on the couch, timing contractions & watching Sex and the City re-runs until 4:30, THEN woke my hubby. My baby wasn't born until 5:44 that afternoon. On television, they show the mother doubled over in pain when she first realizes that she's in labor, but it really is not like that at all. It's a gradual process, and you'll be PERFECTLY fine until your husband can get to you.

Congratulations on the very soon to arrive little one, and try to relax! Good luck, mama!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It is normal, but you don't need to stress. :) I called my husband after I had been in labor for 2 hours with my first and he stayed at work for another hour, before leaving to start his 2 hour commute home. He still got to labor with me for almost 7 hours before our son was born. Just watch tv or do laundry or something to occupy your mind. I found watching the clock and timing contractions was a horrible thing to do and made me stress out.
    As for the induction, I don't really like them and would advice against it... there is a reason your baby isn't coming out yet... giving them a little more time isn't such a bad thing.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009