Diffifult 4 1/2 yeard old girl

I have a 4 1/2 year old girl whom has become completely argumentative,, disrespectful and completely biligerent, I need some help to how to deal with this, This started about age 3 and is getting increasingly worse. It seems like anything we have tried doesn't work. We have tried charts, timeouts, etc. and nothing worked. Any ideas????

tvfpa

Asked by tvfpa at 9:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• first off...don't argue with a 4 year old...I'm a firm believer in time out...but you have to make sure she stays in the time out place...and be consistent...don't let her get up you have to be the one to let her up...if she gets up put her back and if need be put a timer there...but if she gets up or misbehaves before the timer is up then start it over...the timer...makes sure she understands why she is in time out...but afterwards and explain...at least try in simple terms that she will understand.
    teddybear112881

Answer by teddybear112881 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008