How will the shots effect her?

My DD has to get her 2 month old shots, what are the effects of this, and should I do something before she gets them? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby reacts differently. Some will just come home and sleep the day away, others will fuss all day or on and off and others it really doesnt affect them at all. Your baby could develop a fever or be very fussy. They say if your baby is inconsolable for 3 hours or more to call the doc. I usually just give tylenol when I get my ds to the doc so it kicks in by the time they give the shot. You can continue to give Tylenol for the next 24 hours after the shots as needed for pain. Honestly the hardest part is watching them cry when they get them. It breaks your heart, but its over very quick! Best of luck!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• some peds recommend giving tylenol before the shots to help with pain and fever.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My son is up to date with his shots (he's almost 9 months) and has not had any sort of reaction to the vaccines. With that said, he does get a single dose of Tylenol when he is getting multiple shots at once. Usually, they tell you to give them more afterwards if they are cranky or running a fever. Just remember, the first shots are the worst ones, ON THE MOM! I felt like crying for my baby, but I stayed strong. Next time I was armed with my secret weapon ... his PACIFIER! It worked wonders!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009