Would you undo your most traumatic experience?

So as not to hijack the pursuit of happiness question:

Would you give up the lessons you've learned and the person you became because of your most traumatic moment in life, or would you go back and undo it in exchange for never having learned those lessons?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely not. Some of life's most breath-taking beauty comes in moments of despair or devastation. I would not give those experiences up. I cherish them far more than the mundane day to day events of my life.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yes
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would not change, thou never wish to endure it again (physical abuse from my ex-husband) bc of those yrs... I am a very strong person...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes, absolutely.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 8:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No, becasue of what I went through, made me a stronger, better person today...I was raped at a young age, had 2 family members that didnt know how to keep there hands to themselves and a mother that cared about her men, drinking and drugs more than me....yeah that was the short version of my life before age 15
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. Whatever I have gone through has made me who I am today. My belief is that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% what you choose to do with those circumstances. I have tried hard to let go of painful past experiences, to learn and to move forward.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I WOULD RATHER UNDO SOME OF THE LESSONS I'VE LEARNED THAN HAVE GONE THROUGH THEM. SOME OF THE TRAUMATIC STUFF WAS BROUGHT ON BY MY OWN CHOICES AS AN ADULT.
    tagansmybaby

Answer by tagansmybaby at 9:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No, because though I think I lost a lot by living them I also think I gained so much more in comparison.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• no, although they were not enjoyable by any means.. I've learned to be a stronger and better person because of them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No because the woman I am today has been moulded by my experiences both good and bad and I like me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2009