• In the Spotlight:

I need help

Okay I'm going to try to make a very long story short. I'm 35 1/2wks and I have been having contractions for days now and they were pretty minor not enough to really hurt just to annoy, anyways yesterday they started to get way worse. Well I called L&D and they had me come in. When I got there they checked my urine and I had blood in it so I had my gallbladder and kidneys checked and found out I have gallstones but they shouldn't be the reason for the blood. I was having major contractions but when my dr checked me I wasn't dialating. I ended up staying over night and then this morning they said they don't know why I'm bleeding pumped me full of pain meds and sent me home. The meds aren't working on the pain at all I'm still having contractions and theres still blood in my urine. I guess what I'm wondering if you guys think I should go to another hospital to see what they say, or if i should just try to live with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you spoken to your regular doctor/gyno? That would be where I would start!!!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You cant go to other one.Your doctor isnt there thats what they will tell you.They dont know nothing about pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• i have been having the same problem but no blood and im 40 weeks
    i went to L&d 3 times last week
    cuz the contractions got to where i could not walk or talk and some times i could not breath
    my doc told me jsut to lay back and relax not to do anything (i am also swelling up)
    but if u feel u should go to another hospital then go its beeter safe then sorry
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You do what you FEEL like you need to do. Trust your instincts...especially at a time like this. Like 19bubble91 said "beeter safe then sorry". I would either go to another hospital or get in to see my regular gyno.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 9:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It is tough to say. I bleed through out my entire first pregnancy, on and off. There was never a reason for it. Sometimes you just have to roll with things. If you are contracting, the blood could be releasing from your cervix. While pregnant you have almost 3 times the blood that you normally have... it would stand to reason that some of it would find its way out on occasion.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Definately trust your gut, if your body is telling you to go to urgent care then go. They can notify your OB. You've got to trust yourself here, you know your body better than anyone else.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 12:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009