sad

i just missed my first appointment with a psychiatrist, i've been waiting for this appointment for a long long time. i have already called her and scheduled another one in a week. but i'm just having such a hard time. i shouldn't want to cry because i missed it. i don't want to wait a week. any suggestions or support to get me through this next week? i'm hurting and it hurts my family :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Health

• you could talk to a counsler they could help
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• nakita72... i don't think you read what she posted. she said she made an appointment with one.
    Anonymous

• Mark off the days until the appointment on your calendar. Take a walk when you feel like crying, if you can. When you cry, if you find that it doesn't make you feel better, then you may want to try to stop yourself. I can understand the disappointment and the dismay about having to wait. I cry, too, when I am too stressed out and face a disappointment in something that I had counted on to help me get over the stress. If you can't walk outside, then turn on the TV to an exercise channel and do the exercises there- doesn't matter what. This would help distract you. I am so sad that you are having such a rough time. Cry if it helps at all. But put put on a happy face for your family so that you help them. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• lookup one of those emergency psyciatric centers.i took my mom to one 1mth ago and they didn'nt keep her they gave her her meds and sent her home. it was the ben taub one in texas
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh hunny I feel so bad for you. Are you postpartum? I know what it feels like to be depressed beyond despair. I got so bad I had to go to the hospital. Take Bmats advice it really will help. But if you get bad enough don't be afraid to go to the hospital they have great support. Feel better soon.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 9:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009