Let me put it like this..... What is one thing you got from the book of revelations?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• One thing that I see  in Revelation is that God continues to show me that He has kept all of His promises, He is keeping all of  HIs promises and  He  will keep all of His promises!!

lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 12:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• That it is the only book of the bible that is admittedly nothing more than a vision john had after he was exiled to the isle of patmos.It MAY be a prediction and COULD come true.It is not trying to fill our head with gobblydygook .
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 10:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• hinson, I am studying Revelation right now and what amazes me is that it was not only a vision but that Jesus the Warrior King WILL come back for His bride. He will be a fierce King but with passionate love for the Body of Christ. Most ALL of Revelation is literal UNLESS noted and in several places it is noted by an angel or God that it is symbolic but the rest of it is literal and will happen in the end the age. I look forward to that GREAT and sadly the TERRIBLE day of the Lord.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Revelation is not something to make us fear---it is the hope and promise of a life lived in Christ.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have an understanding of end time prophecy that I wouldn't have any understanding of without it.
    Revelation can't be studied alone though. It needs to be studied with the book of Daniel, otherwise, we don't understand the prophesies that are presented in Revelation. For example, a beast in prophecy represents a kingdom or a king. (Daniel 7:23)
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Micah'smom... I agree it needs to be studied with Daniel but it seems it needs to be studied with the rest of the bible too. I am listening to the Omega Series with Mike Bickle and its everywhere in the bible. Im blown away. I do intend to study more in depth after I finish the series which is a basic covering , 9 sessions total !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The one thing I got is that dreams make awesome stories... lol... Do some research you guys... The "end" that they speak of in Revelations is over! It has been for centuries.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The best thing we get out of Revelation, is that at the end, we WIN! And, the enemy (Satan) loses! Of course, we knew this all along,but God does tell us that,through John. As someone else said, Revelation is not a book of fear,but of hope,and renewal. We studied Revelation in depth at my old church,and I can tell you, the enemy didn't want us to. He did everything in his power to stop it. From our teacher having a heart attack,to our pastor having a bout of kidney stones. Didn't work,though. We still studied,and found out,that there is absolutely nothing he can do to stop what will happen. Glory to God!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• What am I supposed to get from the book of Revelations?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Hope. Encouragement. Certain Love. Assured Peace. Absolutes. A complete understanding for events happening today. Impatience to be air-lifted out of here! For those who think  it is not understandable or that it has already happened - rethink your opinions: you're wrong. The Book of Revelation is not hard to understand at all with the help of the Holy Spirit ... and the things described in the Book of Revelation has NEVER happened before: we are living the Book of Revelation TODAY as it is being lived out before our eyes. I find it exhilarating and joyous.

Anonymous