If you got into a fender bender with no damage would you replace your childrens carseat and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• That sounds like another way for the carseat companies to make money to me.
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 12:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No. Why would I?
    Anonymous

• Well someone else posted something about getting rear ended and there was no damage but they HAD to replace the car seats... I didnt understand why
    Anonymous

• Yes because there may be unseen damage. It is recommended that you do even in a fender bender.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• yes I would. There is no way to tell if the seat was damaged internally. It could have small stress fractures that you can't see. What you do is call the insurance company and they can reimburse you for new seats.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would due to possible unseen damage to the car seats. My mom alway replaced ours if something happened even if we weren't in the car when it happened. I came home from school a few times to a new car seat.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes. Just because you can't see any damage doesn't mean there wasn't any to the car. That's the point of modern bumpers.
    And just because there was no damage to the car doesn't mean the restraints on the child seat weren't stretched beyond tolerances in the quick stop. That's the point of them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• yes, the insurance of the guy who ran the light and hit us paid for a new one. we donated the old one, because my son who was very lightly dressed had not so much as a mark on his body. we had no reason to suspect that the seat had sustained any damage or even stress.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Auto you got into an accident had your car-seat replaced because it may have been damaged and then you donate it? Of course you had no reason to suspect but you don't know WTH? dhsr it's not another way to make money, it's common sense and isn't your child worth another care seat? GAWD.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• oh gawd LOLOL
    Anonymous