Anyone with a child with Teathered Cord Syndrome, Surgeon suggesting Botox injections.

my daughter is 19 months old. She was born with a sacral dimple and a teathered cord. She is walking now and is severly on her tippy toes. The surgeon suggested Botox injections into her calf muscles then casting to pull her feet flat. Has anyone dealt with this? Im so nervous about injecting a poison into her tiny little legs. thank you , brandi

BrandiPoll

Asked by BrandiPoll at 9:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just met a 3 year old who I evaluated for special education services in my county. He has had Botox injections two times in his legs and neck area. This child has cerebral palsy and his motor skills are greatly effected. His mother stated that after having the injections he does tremendously better with head control, swallowing, sitting up, breathing, etc. It helps him in many ways. She can see a huge difference when the shot starts to wear off after a few months. I think she would tell you that it is ok to have this procedure completed on your daughter. At least in her case it has been a big success!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 6:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• thank you for answering me! So far ive heard alot of positive things about it..
    BrandiPoll

Answer by BrandiPoll at 11:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2009