anyone else been puke-y the whole pregnancy?? is this normal??

My first pregnancy was a breeze until the end of the 7th month when i swelled up to be as big as a whale!! i had hellp syndrome in the end, had an emergency c section... my son and i were fine but it was a bad ending... so i am watching for that.. (it would be swelling and high blood pressure) and not to jinx myself but no signs of it returning...
this time i have struggled the whole time to keep food down... i had terrible morning sickness the first tri... then during the second tri was flu season, i am a tutor in school, got everything imaginable... now that i am in the 3rd, i thought my body might take it easy on me but no, i have sinus drainage that makes me puke at least once a day... i usually throw up in the morning and if i eat after 9 pm at night! (yes most days twice a day!) i can and do eat during the day. doc is unconcerned bcuz i havent lost weight... gained very slowly... has this happened 2 you??

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 9:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was sick almost every single day of my first pregnancy. As long as you and the baby have gained normally, there's no reason to worry. I do hope that you feel better, though! It's really hard to function when you're so constantly sick for such a long period of time. : /
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My sister had hypermesis (sp?) She was severly sick. Had to be hospitalized a few times for dehydration. She lost tons of weight.
    Anonymous

• I was nauseated and puking the entire pregnancy. I was sick in the begining from the hormones, then towards the end because he was pushing on my stomach and intestines. Just when I thought I wasn't going to be puking anymore, I went into pre-labor my last 4 weeks which caused nausea and vomitting too lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My first prenancy was super easy. He was a boy. My daughter was terrible! Morning sickness everyday, heart burn, restless legs syndrom, I even craved eating ashes at the very end! I did actually stop gaining weight for the last month and a half-- but she still was. So all was ok... but scary! AND then her labor was 24 hours of H@$#@!!! But now we have her and she was worth it :)
    The crazy thing was was that my son was born 2 1/2 months early. No reason was ever decided. I was so nervous with my daughter but, aside from the major discomfort, we were totally healthy every step of the way. But she was 2 weeks early.
    GOOD LUCK!!! I will say a prayer for yas!
    Becky1979

Answer by Becky1979 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am 25 weeks and still have morning sickness. The doctors have prescribed me two different types of anti nausea medication and neither did anything for me. I have had fluids 3 times alreaady this pregnancy. I went to a high risk doc last tuesday and he told me to take a unison (25mg) with a b6 vitamin also 25 mg. And I have not gotten sick one time since I started them a week ago!! I am so happy. Although I am sleeping constantly. But during the day he recommends only taking a half of unisom in the morning and half in the afternoon so you arent as tired!! Ask your doc if that is an option for you!! Good luck hun!
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 2:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i also had hyperemisis gravidarium. its basically constant puking and dehydration during pregnancy. i had it with all four of my kids. i honestly think i would have more babies, but my last one just took too much out of me. with all 4, i would get to the point of passing out, couldnt keep ANYTHING down, everything (sinus drainage, like you said, smells, food) made me vomit. i was in and out of the hospital needing iv's. i was prescribed medicine (for the life of me, cant even remember the name) starts with an x-its normally for people taking chemo, for their nausea. it helped so much, but its expensive, and i dont thing most insurances cover it for preg.
    i would try what hayhaymarie2009 said-the unisom and B6. never heard of doing it, but ANYTHING is worth the relief! hope you feel better soon!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009