I need some advice Please!!!

I want to try out the total gym 3000 for one month so see if I like it. It will cost only $1 for the first month and then monthly payments on top of that. I want something I can have in my home because going to a gym won't work. I have a 4 year old with me most of my days and working the rest of the time so I have no time to go to a gym because of my schedule. I've read a lot of reviews and I've heard mostly good things about this product. Those of you reading this, would you take advantage of this deal? Tell me your opinions please.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes I would. Good for you on exercising to help you get in shape!!! It's the only thing that works. Hey let us know if you do it and if you get good results.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 9:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would if my husband didn't already have a garage full of gym equipment.
    Anonymous

• If you have plenty of room for it, then it makes sense to try it out before buying. How hard would it be to return it if you decide against it? Do you have to pay return shipping? Do they have someone come to pick it up? It would be best to try one out in a store so that you didn't have to go through the having it in your home thing and maybe return it if you can avoid it. For me, I liked my treadmill- I actually used that regularly, and I use free weights instead of machine resistance. Even without a machine you can get good exercise by taking long walks and by using weights, or by using a DVD or TV exercise program. Some gyms have babysitting- and hours that you might be able to adjust to your schedule. I'd recommend trying a gym first and seeing it you'd stay with the machines they have there if you think you want a machine.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It sounds ok, but how much are you going to spend if you keep it? I workout from home with Chalene Johnson to a workout called Chelene Extreme and she kicks my butt! I am getting in great shape, and it's probably cheaper, and if your not happy they with give you your money back within 30 day's. i can't workout at the gym cause where we live they don't have daycare at the gym's so I do what i can and it works. Let me know if i can help you anymore. You can checkout the workouts at beachbodycoach.com/timetobfit
    skichik

Answer by skichik at 1:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If it's an added expense you can easily afford go ahead and try it. Personally I stick with using the FREE workouts on Time Warner Cables Exercise On Demand Channel! They have my favs: Biggest Loser & Jillian Michaels as well as yoga, pilates, tae bo and dozens more, all free everyday!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I would go check out one at a store. Sears used to have them. I also encourage you to check out kettlebells. You can see a lot at artofstrength.com and dragondoor.com. With KB you get cardio, strength training, and flexibility all in one workout:-) I get my kb at Perform Better on line.
    I like working out at home and know it is easier with a little one:-) Also, if you live in nice weather, walking is a great way to burn extra calories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009