anyone else watching the address to congress tonight? if so what do you think?

mommytwo5

Asked by mommytwo5 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have two pages of notes.The only thing I put a big star by as a Good Thing (tm Martha Stewart) was the end of tax breaks for companies that outsource. And not 2 minutes after that he undid all my goodwill with the phrase "checks are already on the way." OMG is he really that stupid? I know what he means, most people who follow politics know what he means, unfortunately, the people who only watch when the pres pre-empts American Idol will now be asking AGAIN for the next week, "where's my check?" I'm impressed that he only said "crisis" twice. Unfortunately, it was one of the first 30 words and one of the last 30 words. Good job creating that HOPE (that he plugged as well).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• So far I think he is just letting out a lot of empty promises. Where does he think all this money is going to come from?
    I am tired of listening to it already...but I will continue to listen...maybe some part of it will be believable.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Why do the presidents kiss every single woman on the cheek. I think its awkward and weird.

It looked like he kissed Hillary on the MOUTH....lol
    Anonymous

• have hope
    Anonymous

• yeah hold on to that hope b/c it's all you are going to have left
    Anonymous

• What does it mean when the neighbor down the street "Bought a house they could never hope to afford"? [Obama's words]

~Does he mean, "bought a house they could only hope they could afford "(ooposed to actually afford)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• opposed, pardon me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• am I blowing smoke rings yet? Sure as hell have enough smoke blown up my back side...~sighs~...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• here comes the inherited crap.....oy vay
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Did he just say "with no ear marks"?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009