Nifedipine..?

Anyone been prescribed this to stop contractions? Did you have any side effects?

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not to stop contractions, but to lower my blood pressure during pregnancy and postpartum when I was having pre-e issues. Do you have PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension), or preeclampsia?? I have only heard of this drug being used to lower blood pressure, not to stop contractions.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh yes, and the side effects. I did not have any because it didn't do a damn thing to lower my blood pressure, however one can have light-headed and dizziness when standing because it can cause a very rapid drop in blood pressure. I'm sure your doc has already recommended you take it at night, if not be sure to do so!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009