SCHOOL AGE KIDS

This question should really be under tweens and 5-8 yr. olds but I don't care. I'm totally stressed and every night I am due to the fact that my two sons stall on doing their homework and drive me crazy when it's time to get ready for bed. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't take it anymore. My husband does nothing to help me. I swear I wish I can run away....

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 9:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make my son do his homework when he comes home from school. School ends at 2:15 here. I pick him up and we are home by 2:30. He gets a snack and can play until 3:15, then it's homework time. That way there is no rush to do it at bedtime.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have a 12 , 6 and 5 yr old...The minute they walk in the coor they get a snack and do homework... No questions asked.. I don't have a "Dad" here to help me so I have to be firm... Put your foot down Mom!
    Anonymous

• I KNOW I HAVE TO. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 9:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My daughter gets home from school at 3:00. She gets a snack and a drink, then it's time for homework. She knows she can't play, watch tv, or listen to her iPod till her homework is finished. You need to put your foot down because it's only going to get worse. Have you talked to your husband about helping you? If he's there too, there is no reason why he can't help you out.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 9:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes, I can relate. I've had days where I've wanted to run away, too.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My house is pretty much the same as the other posters. We get home and he has a snack, then I let him play until 5pm then it is homework time. We have done it since he was in preschool and now he is in first grade, he has come to expect it now I say William it is 5pm and he goes aw man now I have to do stinky homework. But he does it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my ds doesnt get off the bus til 4 pm so its rush rush when he gets home. we do homework for an hour and whatever doesnt get done cuts into his tv time after dinner. That usually motivates him to try to get it all done. I too dont have a "dad" here to help me.
    We dont stay up late doing it either. whatever doesnt get done, doesnt get done. If he gets a bad grade then thats what he gets. we have a routine and it works out pretty well.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• homework comes right after she comes through the door and after she tells me all about her day ! she will eat a small snack and then do the rest of her reading and at 5.45 every night, we have dinner. then play, then BATH, she is done with homework and baths by 7.00 so she can play more, she gets off the bus at 4.45
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009