HELP!! my 4 month old has horrible diarrhea!

my doctor told me to switch to similac sensitive 2 weeks ago he was normaly on similac the blue can because he was getting real fussy.. well he went on sensitive and after 2 days he had very bad diarrhea and its causing him to get very bad diaper rash. i switched back to the blue can but he is still having bad poop... pooping maybe 6-7times a day sometimes very little. i dont know if i should call the doctor to see if there is more of a problem than i know or just wait to see what the blue can does?? what do yall think?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 9:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If this has been going on for almost 2 weeks, I would call the pediatrician. My son (13 months old) just had diarrhea for a week, very randomly. We hadn't changed anything in his diet or his formula (he is also on Similac Sensitive, by the way : ) or anything, so we're assuming it was a bug. His pediatrician told us some stuff to get & put in his bottle if it persisted, but it ended up getting better before I had to use it. Call the doctor--- it's better to be safe than sorry, and that's what they're there for. Hope he feels better soon!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• def call the pedi. maybe they can give him something to help out with the bad poopies, poor lil guy.
    Anonymous

• I would call the ped if I were you. My two were on Nutramigen and it causes diarrhea because of the simple nutrients in it. It could be that. I called and was all upset and worried and that is when I found out.
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 9:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Sounds like your son is having a problem with the new formula ... it takes a baby almost a month to get used to a different formula ... their digestive tracts are so immature. I would definitely call the Pediatrician to at least let them know what is haopening and pick up some pedialyte ....
    enmaynard

Answer by enmaynard at 12:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009