If you were cheated on...

How long did it take for you to get over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I didn't. I left that day.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i never did and i eventually left
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i left his sorry tail,why stay 9 times out of 10 they will do again.
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• never got over it..
    Anonymous

• well im still here and it has been 3 yrs and i wouldnt say im over yet by along shot ...but we all make mistakes but im stayin for different reasons health related and the ass has really good ins lol..naw im kiddin i do love him ...but it is a trust issue how long does the trust take depends on u ... we all are differnet but for me ive dealt with it i guess u can say some ppl call me stupid for stayin but we a;; have our own reaons for doin what we do. hope that helps alil
    Anonymous

• I tried very hard stayed around for almost 2 years and realized its something i really could never get over the trust was gone, and i was constantly accusing him and so insecure about myself.

We separated for a couple years and i stupidly took him back again, and guess what 2 weeks into it he did the same thing again. Im a firm believer in once a cheater always a cheater, or at least when it happens with the same partner i cant speak for anyone's new relationship with someone.

From my experience and what ive seen with friends and family when you do take them back or let them get away with it, its basically saying its ok with you and you will always be there even if they cheat on you, you'll just get mad and get over it.

Ultimately its up to you if you in your heart feel you can move past it 100% without a doubt in your mind that its not gonna happen again than i say go for it. If not it will eat you up inside .
    Anonymous

• yes what anon :47 said was absolutely true for me, my ex was a serial cheater and i let him get away with it for too long
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don' t think you ever really get over that kind of betrayal. You merely learn to live with the reality of it and hope the effects of it will heal and you can keep dealing with what is really important.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i still havent gotten over it.
    and i'm still finding out about people he slept with.
    it makes me feel icky to know.
    so far the count of women he cheated on me with is 8. gross.
    nikkimichele

Answer by nikkimichele at 11:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Wow guys, I am glad that I am not the only one not over this shit. Its been about 7-8 yrs and sometimes when I am by myself just driving or thinking I start to think about it..I think its because I feel that he hasnt told me everything..I guess its womans intuition but he says that he told me everything..I know he didnt..and I am waiting for the say that its all out in the open...I dunno...I just dont know. I dont want to leave him, I dont want to let him go and I do love him, and I do trust him NOW, but its just hte thought of not knowing everything is whats bothering me...........
    Anonymous