He keeps canceling but we're still talking.

I've been getting to know this guy, we've agreed on friends and then seeing what happens. Well, we've tentatively made a few dates to hook up, but he keeps backing out. Normally I would just think he's not interested, but he texts me every day just to see what's up. So is he trying to play it cool? Or is he playing games? Is it possible that he does like me and just wants to take things slow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like games or maybe he is sorta talking to someone else.. thats happened to me.. he was talking to me but keeped pushing it off cause he wanted to make sure this thing with this other girl didnt go anywere
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 10:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm not usually cynical , but this sounds like he's in a relationship and he's keeping you on the side "just in case".

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I was going to say what Austinsmom35 said too.
    Anonymous

• Yup. You sound like your his "back burner" girl.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies. He sounds like a player. Dump him, before he dumps you!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 10:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't think he's toying with you unless he's married. I've had guys tell me they were a widower and wanted to date, called me all the time, emailed me and txted me constantly but never got up with me then I found out they were really married. They both had been widowers but sort of forgot to tell me they had remarried. He might be out of work and has no money to take you out. Invite him over for dinner some night. Start slow. Some guys are just shy and don't know where to start when it comes to women.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yep was gonna say the same...You my dear are the "just in case" girl he keeps you dangling to see what happens with the other girl. He probably started talking to you both in the same week or two
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Side piece :( Clearly not worth your time...
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 11:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009