baby foods?? help

How many of you actually warm up the baby food? is it really necassary? is it dangerous not to warm it?? i have just been giving it to my baby cold just straight out of the jar? is that bad?? help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never heated it, and both of my children are fine. I believe that it is a matter of personal choice...JMO
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i don't heat the baby food or even my babies formula. on the package it said that you didn't need to heat the bottle - that basically it was whatever your preference or your babies was. So i just started it at room temperature that way it would be easier to make her a bottle when we were out and about. The same reasoning for the baby food.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i only heat it up if i had put it in the fridge. otherwise...it's right outta the jar.
    nikkimichele

Answer by nikkimichele at 11:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I usually heated the veggies for my son and left the fruits at room temperature. I actually asked the pediatrician about heating it and they told me just whatever I prefer to do is fine b/c babies can't really tell the difference since it's only slightly heated anyway.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I never heated baby food.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I served it room temp and only heated after refridgeration. And really, with the fruits I let those stay cold. It gave the babies a wide range of temperatures to learn. Theres nothing wrong with not heating it. And don't forget to test the temp alllll around the food. Especially in microwave heating as it can heat unevenly. I would stir, and put my tongue on each bite to test it if it was still pretty warm.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2009