• In the Spotlight:

Thinking back to when you became a mom for the first time what memory stands out??

My son is almost 3 now and I can't believe how dang fast he has grown!! But the memory that stands out the most is when we went to the store when our son was 2 days old to get formula. It finally hit me I was a mom. Anyone else take a little while for it to sink in?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• colic lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• school busAs soon as I squeezed him out and they placed him on my chest that was a very happy moment for me I said to myself WOW I did it I am a mother. And now they are in school I still can't believe it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• it sank in while i was at the hospital. it was the day we were leaving, i had a c-section so i was there for 3 days. i was limited to holding my son, only if i was laying in bed, but the day we were going home, my dh had left the room for something, and my ds started crying, i went and picked him up while standing for the first time and i kept whispering to him "sh sh sh momma's got you" he started quieting down and went back to sleep. that's when it hit me. i won't ever forget that.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• when we were in the car going home I was hit with this thought that I could not belive they actually let me leave with this little person and I was responsible for her in every way for the next 18 yrs and now she is 10 and I can not belive how fast it went.
    1andonly98

Answer by 1andonly98 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When the nurse placed my 8lbs 11oz daughter with a head full of dark brown hair on my chest and I just sobbed because she was really here.
    Seeing my heart sitting outside my body, in a small, breathing little human being needing to be loved and cared for for the rest of my living days.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I remember thinking what were we going to take him home in because he was so little lol! I was expecting a baby that would fit perfectly in newborn sized clothes lol! He was swimming in his clothes!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The moment I saw my son for the first time and the nurse actually called me mommy. Nobody had ever called me that before. I just remember thinking OMG, I'm this little boy's mommy. It was the most exciting thing. Just the other night my husband was trying to pull a yogurt covered raisin out of our son's nose, after my son jammed it up there. He's 2 1/2. I just thought, this is only the beginning. I love being a mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Awww you guys made me cry! Being a mom is the most amazing feeling in the world!! I can't wait until hubby & I have #3 (not pregnant yet.. Just dreaming).
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It was really cold the week my son was born, and I'd explained to my husband that we have to keep on eye on the baby to make sure he's not too hot or cold. The first day we were home, he felt DS's hand and it was cold, his eyes got wide like the house was on fire, then he ran to the thermostat and cranked it up to 85. It was then that I knew I was going to have to be in charge...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• @notpanicking
    That's SOOOOOOO funny! Sounds like something my hubby would do.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009