Do they paddle@ oyur childs school?

Do you agree with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• isnt that illegal? lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• no noone touches my children but me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nope not ileagl and they do have to have parent permission. At my sons school if they call to ask you if its ok and, you dont agree. Then you have to pick your child up from school. You would think there would be something else they could do. There principal is leaving this year so, maybe will change. We have 5 ele schools and only one does it still!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let anyone hit my child.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nope, and I'd be damned if they spanked my kids. they would not be going to that school or any other school who does it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Only I have the right to smack my child on the bum for being stupid lol
    Anonymous

• No, but I send my girl to public school. The private school I worked at for one year did paddle, but this one awful, awful child in my class (6th grade little punk) had over 100 office referrals and countless other infractions before they actually gave him a swat.

I'm fine with it, as long as parent permission is obtained, and the procedure is followed. My kids know the rules and should not break them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• no. but the school i went to as a child did. this was out of the country though. everyone was fine with it. it was a common procedure, and it worked lol. We all behave well, or else we'd get smacked on the hand with a ruler, which let me tell u HURTS !! once i blured out an answer without raising my hand, and i got smack ... =) but its not like they beat you or anything
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Are you serious?? I thought they stopped doing that like 20 years ago! That's pretty wrong. I believe in spanking, but I don't believe in anybody else doing it but the parents.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 2:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Nope.
    I'm sure if it was allowed in our public schools and any of the teachers tried to paddle any one of my daughters, my daughters would punch or slap them so hard before they could even raise the paddle above their head. My girls know how to stand up for themselves and will NOT put up with any abuse. That is how we taught them.
    If our daughters are disrespectful in any way then we have other forms of punishment which are not abusive nor degrading.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009