• In the Spotlight:

anyone take care of their parents and their small children?

my mom is 84 and had a stroke, she lives with me and I have a 5 and 6 year old. I am so wiped out, taking care of my mom and my children

mary211

Asked by mary211 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• i know how you feel my father has been ill for the past three years and my mother doesnt drive. now he is in the hospital been there for a month so i have to take her to see him which is not a problem but i have to do her bills mail them take her shopping take her to the doc take her to the eye doctor take her to the drug store and still take care of my home and family it does get overwhelming
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I did it while my Mom was sick and my son was 3, that was in 2000. Then in 2005 my father had a stroke and he was in our home, my 2 younger ones were babies, that was very hard. You get your strength from family, rely on them for help if you can. Believe me time goes by so slow during it but I would give anything to have my parents back, not sick of course, but I would hope one day that my boys will do the same for me.. So maybe seeing that you're there unconditionally, your children will learn from it and become better people for it. My sisters all have regrets now, wish they could have been there, at least you we don't have that...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009