Why? Also a journal post.

Why is it that when I'm looking for a guy I can't find ANY?? And when I'm really not looking or wanting ANY type of relationship, the guys are knocking down my door!! I'm seperated, not looking for any guy what so ever! Don't figure any guy in his right mind needs the chaos that is my life.

So in the last week, I have been asked out by no less than 4 different guys!! I have been honest with them. I'm in the middle of a nasty divorce and just feel that now is not the time to be getting involved with anyone. Then after I leave I sit there or here and kick myself thinking what if he was the one, and I just turned him away!! I know in my heart that I'm doing the right thing both for my kids and the guys too. It just irks me, that when I'm ready to date again, that these guys won't be anywhere to be found!!!
Can someone please explain to me why it is like this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• it's spring. I've had guys contact me in the past week that I have not heard from in a long time. Don't worry. If fate sent the guy then he'll be back. I made a post earlier this week about so many guys coming out and writing me. I swear I'm not that hot but figure it's good for my ego. I don't want any but the one so I thanked them and sent them on their way.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Isn't that funny how that works.

Sorry I can't explain it to you, but maybe the law of attraction can:) Google it!
    Anonymous

• It's fate.
    You never find anything you're looking for when you're actually tryig to find it.
    When you're ready, instead of WANTING a SO, just be happy with your life and something will usually find you.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think a lot of guys are attracted to women who won't give them the time of day. They enjoy the chase. Hopefully when you are ready to date, you'll find guys who are also ready to settle down.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Most decent men find independent women to be incredibly attractive. You are sending out those "independent" signals. That will draw them in like flies to honey. Enjoy, but don't get involved. Just remember this for when you do feel ready to start dating. Keep the "independent" signals going.
    My dear hubby has admitted to being incredibly attracted to me the first time we met because I was so excited about buying my first car all on my own. (He overheard me bragging about it to my coworkers.) He also thought it was awesome that I bought a very practical car for myself. Brand-new because I wasn't that good with car repairs. It was a 1986 Dodge Colt. Very reliable. He really found that sexy. Silly man. He let that attraction get him into a marriage that's going strong still after 21 yrs. Although that was my first and last Dodge. Hee-Hee. Keep the guy, traded the car for a Honda.
    mommy22miracles

Answer by mommy22miracles at 11:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009