Not nursing while teething?

I have a 4 month old...he recently started teething...i can see his little tooth starting to poke out. This has been happening for about 3 weeks and ever since he has not been nursing. he takes formula or breast milk in a bottle but will not nurse for some reason. it kind of hurts my feelings b/c its a big bond we have together. Is this normal? will he ever start nursing again?

JulesMommy1008

Asked by JulesMommy1008 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop giving bottles, he will not starve himself.
    Anonymous

• Try nursing him at nite....maybe he gets too distracted during the day...my DD is taking bottles during the day b/c she gets distracted and it actually did start around the time she was teething...well, she has her 2 bottom teeth now and uses my nipple as a chew toy so we do bottles during the day and BF at nite. Try doing it at nite to start out with and then if he gets that maybe try a little during the day...Just do what feels right for you and what is best for your LO. Good luck. Wish I could have been more help.:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009