Is it normal for a child to be more attached with his uncle than his own parents?

My 2 year old is all about his uncle and thats all he ever wants or talks about....Is it normal for him to like his uncle more than his mom and dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If his uncle is a primary care giver, or is more engaged with the child on his level, sure.

Kids talk about fun. They aren't into politics yet.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My nieces LOVE my house... I don't know why.... it's boring..... my daughter LOVES THEIR house, supposedly it's the funnest place in the world.

Thing is, kids love going to other people's houses, they love their aunts and uncles that they don't live with........... they LOVE their parents, but they live with their parents, so you've just become boring, LOL. It's ok though! That's normal! Don't you remember being a kid and having favorite relatives that you just loved and were excited to see?? It doesn't mean you don't love your parents, it's just that the grass is greener on the other side I guess!
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 2:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• that is some wise advice. if i or anyone else tried to add anything it would consist of i remember...............
    tabytha

Answer by tabytha at 3:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009