How do you keep your newborn occupied and entertained?

I sing, dance with her, I show her high contrast picture books, talk to her and she does watch a little bit of TV.

What else can I do?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she?
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 11:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Six weeks
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I never really found that a new born needs "entertaining" I think just looking around at their new environment is entertaining enough for the first while...
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• mine is 6 m/o and is in her baby einstein entertainer.....plays in her playpen, crib, read books to her. When she was little, show her pictures, sing to her, nap with her, love her. and she also watches a little TV cuz i need a few minutes to do things too!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• bouncer???
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 1:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I didn't entertain my children. That is why they have toys and fingers and toes and tummy time.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Tummy time (Put bright colored toys in front of him) You can sing and read to him as well. Make Funny Faces at him..... Just a few ideas!

Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 7:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Newborns don't need to be entertained. They just need a booby in their mouth, a dry tooshy and for their mama to snuggle them and talk to them. Just be sure to start tummy time with her in the next few weeks/months and talk to her through the day, not in baby talk, just tell her about your day and what you are doing. Hold her often!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009