what is so wrong with getting children vaccinated ?

amber325

Asked by amber325 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• absolutely nothing....some people just have very strong opinions especially those that are against it so plan on getting A LOOOOT of comments some probably very rude on this question.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am DYING for some objective information on this topic... I am considering selective vacs for my baby because she didn't do well after her last set of shots and I'm reading scary articles on propaganda sites (thinktwice).
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 12:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Most people will say nothing. But if you research what they put into vaccines, I don't see how anyone can think they are safe. Mercury? We had to ban that from thermometers and now we're injecting it straight into our babies bloodstreams. The entrails of monkeys? That hardly seems like something I'd want in my body. The list goes on and on.
    Vaccinating prevents the body's immune system from functioning normally, and I for one think that God made my body to function just fine.
    A lot of these diseases were no big deal in my grandmother's time. She said everyone got measels, it was like chickenpox. Children weren't dropping dead left and right.
    And some of these diseases aren't even in the US anymore. Is it pertussis that we haven't had a case of in over 20years?
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• not one thing. i think the whole vaccines causing autism is crap but thats just my opinion.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• In my opinion, nothing! Do your research, talk to your pediatrician and make an educated decision about what YOU think is right. We decided to vaccinate and our girls are fine.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it, although I do ask a lot of questions about side effects, etc and what each shot is intended to do for my child. I think that getting your child vaccinated is a smart idea, however it's one I also believe on being well educated on.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The more your read about it the worse it gets...people think that it causes autism and that was found to be b/c of mercury levels. They have since removed mercury from the vaccines. Yeah, theres a lot of other crap in em but we've been getting vaxed for decades. as soon as people stop vaxing we will have another outbreak and then it starts all over again....and of course they don't do well, they get sick but isn't that better than the other?? ya know, catching something? even tho people say its eradicated, all it takes is one person to carry it and then you have epidemic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Before about 2001 there was a higher amount of mercury in vaccines. The amount of mercury given to a young child being bombarded with vaccines is loosely linked to autism.

The FDA now requires a lesser amount of mercury in vaccines or non-mercury vaccines. The only common vaccine to really be cautious about is the flu vac. These flu vacs still can and do contain a higher amount of mercury. There are a small amount of flu vacs available without mercury for infants.

As a mommy who works for a pharmaceutical company that does make vaccines, and a step mommy to an autistic child. I have looked into this deeply.

I am vaccinating my daughter, I am just doing it at a slower pace than suggested knowing that there is still mercury in the vaccines. Every little bit adds up!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree girlneffy, perfect statement.

And for those of you who say the autism/vaccination link is crap. Just walk a day in our shoes and you will wonder as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I will add this note. Yeah people have been vaccinated for decades, however, our children are receiving MANY more vaccinations than we did.

As a nurse, I am for vaccinating. I just don't agree with the schedule. Why does my newborn need the Hep B series? I am waiting on that one!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2009