Did you know?

Josh Duggar, the oldest Duggar son, did not ever date or court or spend any time alone with his new bride Anna. Anna promised her dad she would not have a boyfriend or even date anyone until she turned on 20. JOSH and ANNA"S DAD 'worked out the details" and Josh proposed on her 20th birthday. Until they were married they did not kiss, and were never alone, every where they went they had a "chaperone" and they held hands a lot but did not act bonded at all...they were like strangers that just met trying to act like they loved each other more than life itself.....
Does this sound like arranged marriage or cult like to anyone else??? I imagine a lot of wacko's out there would love to have one of their little girls married into the Duggar family...I'm sure they picked the right "girl" that belonged to the family that would get the most from.

Weird?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• I cant stand the family period...18 kids..seriously...and the whole "god wants us to have kids" my foot...sometimes i think the govt should pull a china and tell some people no more than two kids...they are a cult plain and simple and those poor kids are going to be the ones who suffer most
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• The more and more I watch this show the more and more I think they are part of a cult of some sort.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Me too. It just seems too over the top.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Just because someone has strong moral convictions where dating is concerned, doesn't make them a cult. I agree to an extent with their desire to stay pure and accountable til marriage. I find it sad that people are accused of being weird or whatever, just because they show self control and choose not to sleep around with every person they meet. If more people were like them, we wouldn't have so many unwanted pregnancies, abortions, STDs and messed up people in the world. They are just good Christian people who have chosen to live a pure and Godly life. Our family has made a lot of the same choices and have never regretted it. We have not suffered any of the heartaches that many people do because of their bad choices.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• They have taken it to extreme.

Every move by these new couple was guided and commanded by their parents. Michelle told both Anna and Josh in front of the entire family they were not to kiss until they are married.

These young kids don't love each other. They didn't even know each other. But because of what has been set up for them they will remain married and have many children. Divorce isn't an option here.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• it may seem odd to most of us..but they are both very religious and have a strong failth in God...I believe they just wanted to do what was right...they took it all the way....
    to be honest...I have no idea how they pulled it off..but...hey...they did...and congrats to them...BUT..
    I bet they tear eachother up now...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I mentioned what a kinky buck Josh is now..Part of me envies their family and the other part is disturbed by them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Oh my part is ONLY disturbed by them. They honest to goodness freak me out.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Ok. Let me get this straight

1.All the kids are well behaved, well groomed, and polite, and silly.

2. These people live debt free and take ZERO gov't assistance

3. They live in a HUGE home and have the gall the closely monitor the material their kids see in TV and the Internet.

4. The kids didn't have sex until they were married and they were watched over closely by their parents to make sure nothing bad happend...stupid protective parents

WOW these are some AWFUL people!  They weren't forced to get married they were just brought together by their parents.  They CHOOSE this life b/c of their beliefs!  If the rest of the world was a little more like them maybe we wouldn't be in the financial crisis we are in!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I have to agree with momof030404
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009