Im pregnant & Bleeding, HELP!

Just found out TODAY that I am in fact pregnant. I am 4 & a half weeks along. This is my first & I am so excited! However, only a few hours after I get home from the doctors, I am BLEEDING! Its not just light pink spots, but its not clumps either. Its just red blood. Am I miscarrying?!?! Please help, I am feeling so so scared right now!

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If I was you I would go to ER! It might just be implantation. But go get check out! Good Luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• if he did an exam it could be from that call your dr and inform him. he can tell you more and put you at ease.
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Naaaa normal most of the time but don't forget to call your doctor first thing in the morning......
    Congrats
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 12:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Are you in pain? Is it alot of blood? I would go to the hospital just in case! good luck!
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I had this a lot with my first daughter.....go into the er. they probably will not do much but at least they can check on your baby and you and make sure you guys are okay. hang in there hon...the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy i did this off and on and my little girl is 2. just breathe, stay calm, and take super good care of yourself.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• First, relax! I know it's difficult but the baby needs you to. Did you have a pap done today? If you had a pap done then it could be from the scraping they do to send off for testing. It could also just be implantation bleeding. I would definately call the DR and set up an apt to check things out.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 12:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Actually I would call and leave a message to get the ball rolling.
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 12:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It's probably nothing, but call your Dr. ASAP.

Right now your cervix is a mass of new blood vessels and such and just about anything can set bleeding off. A nurse even told me that a hard sneeze can make you bleed. I know it's scary and you're probably freaking out. I had a lot of spotting in the beginning of my pregnancy and freaked out everytime I bled even though it was pretty routine there the first few months. I always called and they always told me that if I wasn't cramping and I wasn't soaking through a pad in "x" amount of time, I was fine. I'd bet anything that it's from your exam. Hang in there...call your Dr. as soon as you can or leave a message that you need to be called immediatley. Try to relax too sweetie...stressing out isn't good for the baby.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i didnt have anything physical done, just pregnancy tests & lots of questions. im not cramping that i know of, but i've been very nausious the last couple days so i dont notice much else in the stomach area. thank you all, i think i will see a dr tomorrow unless it gets worse, then its the ER. thank you guys, i reall needed that support!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• call doc, it is NOT normal to bleed like a period while preg. Some do but it is rare and has to be monitored, give them a call and good luck on LO. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009