Would you know how to fix this?

I have a ceiling fan that has those bead looking chains they are really small but anyway when I went to turn on the light by the chain it was stuck I asked my kids if they knew anything about it and one of them admitted to jumping up and pulled it and the light never worked again (that is what they told me) OK so now I want to know obviously the chain got jammed how do I unjammed it? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You may have to take it down and take it apart. It might just be wrapped up in there somehow.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I work at a lighting and fan store....so here's my recomendation:
    remove the light fixture and the cap, I doubt the chain is stock in there usually it breaks and probably your kid just throw it away, anyway, look for the light swictch/ pulling chain and If you don't see any chain left you need to buy another fan/light pull chain switch. they're not expensive at all. If you can see any of the beaded chain the you just need to buy some more of that chain and a little extension, it's really easy to asamble and you'll find it in any electrical supply in your town.
    ali98

Answer by ali98 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009