What does this mean when the bottom of a bush is dry looking?

but at the same time it still has some greenery to it. I personally would like to dig them up and put something much nicer. Any ideas here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'm not sure but where we are everything looks dried out... I can't wait until spring, we are doing some major landscaping.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We had that problem in Houston, and what we found out was that the roots were actually suffocating. If you pack the soil too tightly or it is to close to another bush, they can suffocate. Your best bet is to dig it up and replant it, loosen the soil and make sure to water it good. Be sure when you replant it, that you don't leave air pockets down there either, because then the roots can get rotten from watering. If all else fails call your local nursery and they should be able to help you! Good luck!
    Momma211

Answer by Momma211 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2009