why do you want to give him a chance?

I always am seeing give Obama a chance.. and wait and see..
Yet I hardly if ever see reasoning behind these type of thoughts. Which doesn't leave much for anyone to want to change their opinions..
So why do you support your President?
I want valid and factual opinions, not more wait and see responses... if you support him. Show your support by actually showing links or reasons why. BTW.. I don't want to see it was Bush's fault without valid links for your reasonings. Obviously he wasn't the greatest.. but there are a lot of people that blame him for errors that were not his... so unless you are going to respond with more than a statement.. I don't want to hear it.

I know why I don't like our President, however I am not wishing for him to fail.. I just want to see some better methods of action. JMO.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I voted for Obama because I agreed with him on many issues, much more than I agreed with McCain. I am for FOCA, for increasing focus on Af, for closing or at the very least completely overhauling ops at Gitmo among other things.

Personally I could give a rats a** if anyone else gives him a chance. Sorry to my fellow Obama supporters but I think comments like that makes Dems look weak and whiny. Let those who oppose him say whatever they want. Kinda like how I think Obama and the Dems needs to STFU about Rush and any other commentators who attack him. There WILL be criticism and as Americans we have the right, even duty to make our voices heard. Dems making a fuss about dissent just makes all of us look bad.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Well hazel it will be very interesting to see just what exactly all the obama lovers can come up with, because like you I already know exactly why I dislike our president, and I too have wondered why everyone just keeps saying "wait and see" and blah blah blah, really it gets kind of old
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I certainly didn't vote for him, and I do not like any of his policies or ideas. However, I do respect the office of the President and because of that I will try to "give him a chance." As for the reasons that people who voted for him have for doing so...I am interested to see what they have to say.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm anxiously awaiting to read some interesting responses too.

sorry for responding with a statement =)
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yea me too!!! i can't wait to see these answers....

i would like to know if one obama supporter can name one good thing this man has done (without goggling it!!), before getting elected...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• What's wrong with wanting to give him a chance? I've done that with every single President since I was old enough to vote...even if I didn't vote for the person elected. I've supported more Presidents I did NOT vote for than those that I did vote for! Doesn't mean I had to like them. Usually I didn't.

I am glad that the economy is Job One here. No, it's NOT all Bush's fault!

A tax break for 95% of us. Sounds pretty GOP to me. Cuts in programs for everyone...also very GOP. Corporate accountability. GREAT. Health care...what's taken so long?

And hey. I WANT our military personnel to get a pay raise. It's a CRIME that military personnel need WIC (a form of socialism) to feed their families because they're not paid well enough. A CRIME.

What we will see in the next couple of days is the actual budget. Let's *really* talk then.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I'm not an Obama supporter and didn't vote for him. I don't agree with many of his policies and disagree strongly with many of the hidden agendas of the DNC.
    But really, do we have choice on this? We can let our represenatives know our opinions, we can write letters to the White House, we can complain until we are blue in the face - but all we can really do for the next 3.75 years is wait and see - and hope. And let's be honest, how many of us have ever contacted a represenative on any issue? I know I have - have you?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I've given all the presidents a chance since I was of voting age or old enough to understand. What makes him unworthy of a chance? He's only been in office for a little over a month. Bush had 8 years to f--- up this country. I even voted for Bush in 2000/2004.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I am proud to say that I voted for Obama. I think he is off to a great start and can't wait to see the direction he can take the country.

What exactly am I happy about: Closing Gitmo, expanding Medicare, sending money to the states to improve infrastructure and put people back to work, money to environmental causes and put people back to work, re-start science by allowing stem cell research, removal of the Christian agenda being forced on non-profits trying to help in the world, more transparency than we have had in several years.... and HOPE.

I feel hopeful for the future. Obama asked us all to lend a hand to help now. I took that to heart and have joined two volunteer organizations..... What are you doing? (Other than sitting on this site throwing stones.) You are being called to service too....perhaps you could channel this energy into something more productive.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Okay Niki let's just see what you said - close Gitmo. Release terrorists back into society so they can maim and kill again. Expand Medicare - where is the money coming from, we are broke. Infrastructure - let's see only 1% of the stimulus is in there for infrastructure which will take 2 or 3 years to come to fruition. Re-start science? How do we do that without money? Removal of Christian agenda upon which America was founded and which is being attacked by those who are evil people. I guess killing babies, allowing gays to marry, giving out condoms to high school students fits into your wishes. More transparency - lady you have been living under a rock the last month. Obama tried to pass this bill without anyone reading it. And service- my husband spent 34 years in the military defending people like you. We have voluntered and helped over 300 charities in our lifetime. Talk about living under a rock-you take the cake lady.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009