Help... who here needs to lose some weight?

I need some ideas about working out.. eating right and getting started. Any ideas. Im trying to lose at least 20 -30 pounds!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am hypothyroid as well. I have recently started my quest to lose weight. Some of the best things I can tell you is to make sure that your thyroid is on the right level. No weight loss can be an indication that it's not functioning properly. I just saw my endocrinologist (thyroid specialist) about it Monday and he told me that it could be that if you eat too much glueten (google it I'm not sure I spelled it right) that can cause it not to absorb fully and that some medicines (including over the counter ones) can mess with absorbtion. Exercise is great and make sure you couple it with strength training as well. For eating right, don't go throwing everything out of your cupboards. Sit down and make weekly meal plans and make sure you include fresh fruit and vegetables in every meal. Portion size is a BIG thing too. We eat way too much nowadays. Take a look at the serving size of what you are eating.
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 12:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I just joined weight watchers. So far I like it. It is easy to do and I can still eat a lot of what I like. As for exercise, I try to go on walks with my kids and the baby in the stroller, I also use Lesile Sansone in home walking dvds. They are easy and you don't have to learn complicated moves. I can do a 20 min one while the kiddos are sleeping and sometimes when they are awake they like to do it too. lol IMO the most important thing to weight loss is to stick with your plan, but try to make lifestyle changes instead of thinking of yourself on a diet. Good luck with your weight loss, and you could also check out some of the weight loss groups on here.
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 12:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I need to lose a lot of weight. However, I have hypothyroidism and have only lost 6 lbs in the past year despite going to the Y 4-6 days a week and eating halfway decent..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• CONT.
    You will be surprised at first at how small everything looks but don't jump down to a serving size right away. Work your way down slowly so you don't shock your system into believing that it's starving. Also, talk with your doctor (and please do this first) about how many calories you need to be taking in. I know I'm at 2300 daily right now. I will be stepping it down over time with my doctor's assistance. I have a good 60 lbs left to go but have already lost the first 10. Please know too that it won't come off as easy as you hope and please don't give up. Good luck!
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 12:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2009