anyone ever had trouble formatting a media card for a cell phone?

i had all kinds of stuff saved on this stupid thing until today. not sure what happened. one minute i was using the camera and the next it was all gone. i'm trying to format it so i can put everything back and it won't let me and when i try to acess it, the program says its not connected. but the phone is connected. i have a blackberry curve.

princezzmommie

Asked by princezzmommie at 12:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Entertainment

• I have a Blackberry curve as well..did u check the back of the phone, sometimes the stupid media card gets loose in the phone, check that! if that isnt the problem..are you using Blackberry Desktop Manager? If so exit the program and re-launch it! Then try again...PM me if u have more q's
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 12:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If you format it, it deletes everything on it. I usually asks you if you want to do that though. I have several mem cards for my camera and they randomly go corrupt for no apparent reason. Its just how mem cards are. I try to get my stuff off of it as quickly as possible because of that. I once lost 400 vacation pics because it went corrupt. The only ones i have left are the 150 that I uploaded to shutterfly. I found that the Lexar cards do the best for me. Scandisk and kodak have screwed me over a lot. I have a micro in my phone and I am sure the same thing happens to those. I think its a scan disk. Sorry about that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009