Do you have an issue with myself or my fiance bathing with our newborn?

I have ran into a few people that think I should not be bathing with my newborn daughter.

I find it easier to take a bath with her and have cuddle time in the tub than to bathe her in an infant tub. My fiance does the same and feels the same.

I plan on doing this until she is around two or three.

What do you think?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Totally fine!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i think its fine i just usually wash myself off first before i get in with my kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. My husband puts our 3 yr old son in the shower with him. However, after a year or so, I don't think a little girl should bathe or shower with her dad. And I think at that age, a little boy should only bathe with his dad. JMO!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Awww, I thought that was one of the most bonding experiences with my boy when he was a NEWBORN! I stress newborn because I remember my perv BIL bathing (in a bathtub) with my niece with his underwear on til she was 5 or 6! My ex-husband would ask me to hand him the baby while he was in the shower when he was about 5 months all the way til he was 11 months.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I see nothing at all wrong with it, my son is almost 4 months ol and I've been bathing with him since he was about 3 weeks old and he loves bath time! He always hated bathing in his tub the water got too cold too fast and he hated having to have water poured over his head and would cry and scream. Now he laughs and is calm. I'm all for it as long as it is done safely
    gabe11-14

Answer by gabe11-14 at 12:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't see why it's anyone else's business. Alot of people find it's easier to bath the 2 together (parent and child). I think it's a good bonding experience. We did that with out daughter, but we're nipping that in the bud now, she's 2 1/2 and will be 3 soon as has started to notice different parts of the anatomy so we think it's time to call it quits but there isn't anything wrong with it, it's your personal decision.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I don't have an issue, I will bath with my DD sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I definetly dont see anything wrong with it right now, but as she gets over a year and a half to two years she will get curious about daddy and thats when I would have him stop,
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 12:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i dont have a problem with babies bathing with parents, but i only take showers, so i never bathed with my daughter. She likes taking a bath. i might as well be in there with her since i get so wet, but she does great as long as i go slow. my SIL gave her a bath once while i was at work and made her so mad according to my bf. he said that she rushed her. She doesn't even care if water goes over her face as long as you do it right. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i think its awesome! until the lil girls ask about daddy, or until lil boys ask about mommy...but as newborns, no harm!! my daughters 4 and i sometimes still shower with her..usually thats only if i have a headache at night and dont feel like washing her hair, so she has one with me in the morning so i can do it then..but..i sure as hell hope her dad doesnt bath with her when he has her on weekends YIKES!!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2009