Do you share EVERYTHING with your SO? Can you talk about anything with him?

My ex-hubby and I never really felt comfortable talking about our bodily functions to each other.

My fiance and I can talk about ANYTHING, seriously anything and not have issues. He can tell me that a girl is hot, what color his poop was today, his deepest thoughts.... does not matter. Anything goes! I tell him all the same.

What is your relationship like in this regard?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 12:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, we're just like that. After 25 years I don't think there's anything we haven't talked about. It's so great to have a best friend to share everything with!!!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Hubby and I talk about almost anything and we can make a big joke out of it...thats another thing I love about being with him I'm comfortable doing things around him that I wouldn't be comfortable doing with anyone else.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We can talk about whatever we want to, but its better that you dont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Same here my DH is my best friend.
    23 years and counting.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My husband is my best friend and recently, very sweetly and romantically, he told me I am his best friend. We share everything, except the poop stories... I just don't want to know unless it's a medical concern.... the smell is enough for me. LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My boyfriend is very comfortable talking about his bodily functions. If he has to go .. you know.. #2, he'll tell me he needs to go do "some paperwork." I of course laugh. Afterwards, he'll tell me "don't go in the bathroom now!" I on the otherhand don't like telling ANYONE about my bathroom needs. I'm pretty shy about that. That's the way I've always been.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yep were the same way over 2 yrs
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• We have been married for 14 yrs. We don't usually talk about poop and what not, but we can share whatever is on our minds. I think its way more important to be able to share your heart with someone over bodily functions. Heart matters are way more sensitive and it puts that person in a very vulnerable place. It can be very difficult, especially for men. THats where the connection happens. I say all of this because my dh and I had to have a heart to heart last night about one of his friends. He is saying and doing things that I felt were inappropriate. It was tough for me to come clean about.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i was with ex for almost 25 yrs and we didnt talk about anything! he was not very emotional or expressive at all. but my new guy? we talk about everything. i have said words to him that have never passed my lips in my whole life! he is open and encourages me to be. its refreshing! i am loving it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2009