Im 11wks preg and havent been to the doctor yet, is my baby going to be ok?

I came to NY to visit my long distant boyfriend and ended up staying. Ive always had weird period cycles so when i missd my period i didnt think i was pregnant....well i was =) I dont have my important paper work so i havent been able to sign up for insurance and have been trying to make it back home! But i googled my last period date and it says im around 11wks, is my baby going to be ok?! Im very scared & trying not to stress out, should i go to the ER asap just to see if anythings wrong? I just didnt want to get a high bill...Please any advice will help...Thank you =)

MrsBland09

Asked by MrsBland09 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will be okay.....Just work to get your stuff taken care of, in the old days they didnt see drs for months
    CookieMama

Answer by CookieMama at 12:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Your baby will be healthy whether you go to a doctor or not in your first 11 weeks.

The health of your baby depends a lot upon you.

You can not drink coffee, alcohol, pop, eat raw fish or eat foods with chemicals in them and not high sugary foods. it is up to you to have a healthy baby...it is your responsibility.
    MaryElle

Answer by MaryElle at 12:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• you're good! just dont delay anymore than you have to from this point on.Congrats!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• you'll be fine :o)...maybe buy a prenatal vitamin with folic acid till you can see someone, just to get started . congrats!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• just go to walgreens or cvs and buy some flinstone plus iron, and take 2, the prenatals made me super sick...
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 12:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• CONGRATS!!! I never went to the doc until I was 25 weeks...basically they just tell you that you are fine and baby has a heart beat. Assuming, you are doing well and eating right.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 1:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Yes, but u do need to c a Dr soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Get started on pre-natals. If they make you sick then try Gummi-Vites. I couldn't handle pre-natal vitamins or flinstones. Take two Gummi Vites a day, stop stessing, and make a drs apt for as soon as you possibly can!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yes your fine. Hell, alot of dr.'s WONT even see a patient until between 10 and 12 weeks of pregnancy ( and I have heard alot wait until 12 weeks) because this is when Miscarriages occur the most. Just keep on taking Prenatals and schedule an appt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Folic Acid is the most important vitamin you can take for your baby. (and its cheap!) Lots of women wait until their 2nd trimester to go. If you smoke,..quit. Drink alcohol? Quit. Try to avoid caffeine, undercooked shellfish, anything high in mercury. Just drink water, get rest,take your vitamins, walk daily and enjoy every moment you can! Best of luck!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 7:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009