This annoys me...

So I have a myspace account... (dont bash im still young (20) ). And lately I notice mothers that are on my "friends list" posting bulletins and comments daily saying "Bar tonight!" or "Cali this weekend!" on a daily basis. When the hell do you spend time with your child?? Seriosuly? This one female does this EVERYDAY!!!!!!! I know its not my buisness but damn.

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 12:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think they still want to feel like they have a life and aren't always trapped by a baby or husband. I'm not sure it's great but I think it's important to still get out and remind yourself you are still who you were before the baby.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree with you, that stuff drives me crazy too! It seems like to some gaining responsibility is actually harder then gaining a family. I am always with my babies, and have not seen the inside of a bar since a year before getting pregnant with my first baby.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• tawnb...
    Ya but everyday/night? oh and then the next day all they talk about is how hungover they are.
    I mean i have a gone out here and there. it just saddens me
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 12:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• that is sad, very sad. i feel for those children. while it is fine to go out every once in awhile, it is not acceptable for a mother to be going out EVERY night and getting sh*t-faced. who is taking care of the kids? and how could someone properly care for their kids having a hangover on a daily basis? why do people even have children if they don't want to care for them? what a shame...
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Im 19 and every once in a while like probably twice a month lol I get out and go out and dance and have a good time, but other than that Im with the baby or at work. I don't think its something a woman even without a baby needs to do every night or a man for that matter. My babys daddy has started becoming this party animal even WHILE shes at his house and it makes me so furious!
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 1:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Well I've never been the type to crave being out with people like that. Nothing beats being at home. They're probably just not happy being at home with their family. If they were then they wouldn't be going out every night. It's OK to go out even weekly but keep it classy not trashy.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• what is annoying.. is those that talk all day about how much time they spend with their kids.. and that their kids are all they ever have time for.. but at the end of the day..
    I hear them say.. I'm gonna leave the kids at the babysitter for a couple of extra hours and take a nap, and then pick them up and send them to bed.. and that weekend (and every weekend) they go out to party.. with the kid stuck at yet another sitter's house. There is a woman where I work like this.. she always and i mean ALWAYS has her kids somewhere else.. but to talk to her.. all she ever does is spend time with them.. and i always wonder.. WHEN? When they are asleep?
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i bet they are lying.. i hope they are like you said, spend time with your kids, the bar and cali will be there in 20 yrs... kids wont ....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• they are just really immature..and sadly the kids have the real problems...mothers that aren't being mothers!!.. I am a step mom and my kids BM is this same figure..she parties, post pictures, and then comments about how hung over she is..of course she doesn't know i see this information..the kids are always subjected to crazy people when their mother hangs with the wrong crowd...not saying that having a drink with friends is wrong..but bar settings are different then in the home or at a friends house...just my opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• congrats you are now a mother! i know youve been the type that would rather be home anyways for a long time but you getting mad over this is you being a good mom. your worried about the welfare of those kids. ya its nice to get a sitter once in a great while and go out but come on honestly who wants to go to the bar and then get up and take care of your kids the next day. your right ther is no way they are being with their kids. a friend of mine got mad at me this last new years cuz i wanted to stay home (actually at my moms) with mady instead of going out and partying with them. so again i agree and you have no idea how proud of you i am. i dont know all the stuff that happened in the past with my brother but i want you to know i am still here for you. a lot of things change when you have a baby including who your friends are. so remember i am here! and i am so happy that youve grown up the way you have! good job mommy.
    madysmommysgirl

Answer by madysmommysgirl at 11:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009