How many meals should a 13-month-old have per day?

I wasn't sure how much food I should feed him. Right now I give him oatmeal or something for breakfast, then he has dinner in the evening. Should I feed him lunch, too? I give him snacks throughout the day also.

elliotts_mommy

Asked by elliotts_mommy at 12:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You should work towards 3 meals and 2 snacks at regular, set times. Her appetite is going to nosedive in the coming months and it will be easy to let her snack all day and not eat any good food at mealtimes. Keeping her on a set "eating time" schedule helps you prevent that and helps you keep better track of what she does eat.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• thanks for your answer!
    elliotts_mommy

Answer by elliotts_mommy at 1:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i have to agree with caycee. my gson eats 3 meals with us, of what ever our meal is. he snacks after lunch and again later because we eat our last meal late. its also a good routine. no matter how busy your day gets you know it will stop briefly at such-n-such time.
    tabytha

Answer by tabytha at 3:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Three meals a day and a couple of snacks. As for how much, a toddler's serving is roughly 1/4 the size of an adult serving.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My 13 month old DD gets 3 meals and a couple of snacks per day...plus dessert after dinner. :)
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 8:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My son eats three meals (and has since I would say 10 months or so...) he also has a snack at 3:30 and some days he will eat another snack at daycare while waiting for us to pick him up around 5:00. If we are home, he doesn't usually eat that second snack unless we are eating late.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 9:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2009