Someone called CPS on us; I'm freaking out!

Sheriff's dept. knocked on the door this morning and did a welfare check on my 22 month old; he said CPS got a call from someone saying my house is dirty.

He checked out my dd and walked thur the house and then he told me that it was "normal living conditions with a 2 year old" and that was what he was going to tell them.

Does this mean CPS will come to my house? It's no big deal to me since we have nothing to hide and my house is "clean"

I am so worried. Anything you can tell me would be great. My house really and truely is and has been clean; heck I started spring cleaning just last week so each room is just fine.

What do I do? I am so upset and I know only one person in this town, so I know it was her and she as a vindetta against me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Baby mama drama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Excuse me? I don't know what the pp means by her answer, but this is a legitamate question and I am seriously upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If you know your house is clean & you didn't do anything wrong then I wouldn't worry. If they reported that living conditions were fine then I don't think cps will be making a visit. (Just my opinion.. I don't know a whole lot about this)
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• That's bull poop.
    I'd be pissed and worried too.
    I don't really know what to do either .. I mean that's just rude and if it happend to me, I would be in the same boat as you.
    Hmmm, maybe when your around town just make it ESSENTIAL that you look and act your best.
    Look over your circle of friends, and maybe lay low for a few days.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Often times because the Sheriff reports back that you're living conditions were normal I don't believe CPS will be going through to do a follow up. If you're in doubt and are worried that it's some woman calling who is out to get you, I'd call CPS directly and ask them what they recommend, I'm sure this has happened more often then not.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Probably nothing more will come of it. Carry on as usual.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Someone called CPS on you because your house is "dirty"?.....Well, I suppose that anyone who has kids and lets them be kids would be considered worthy of a dirty home. Sheesh...Thats ridiculous.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Don't worry about it. Calling CPS is the new way people with an ax to grind can harrass someone. The beauty of the plan is that it is anonymous. Stay alert and be cautious. It is no doubt someone you know.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• this happen to me when me and my ex was goin thru the Big D .....he tried gettin me for nelgect and they came out a couple of times and said they see no means of nelgect and i explained the situatuion to them and then 2 days later the case was closed . if ur house isnt dirty u have nuttin to worry about let this person keep doin it the law and welfare will take legal action on her for makin a false claim as well...it is a 2 way street u dont miss with shit like that lol... hope the best for ya !

Dixiemomchick

Answer by Dixiemomchick at 12:11 PM on Feb. 25, 2009