What do you think about the Bratz Dolls? And would you let your daughter have one?

I'm still pregnant, but I've definitely decided that the last toy I would ever want my daughter to have later is a Bratz Doll.
My sisters MIL got her 3yo daughter (my niece) a Bratz Doll, along with some "Bratz movie."
My sister threw away the DVD right away, but felt bad throwing away the doll.

I just think they're so obnoxious... Barbies can be bad enough. (I've seen some Barbie "PJ's" that look like Lingerie!) But the Bratz Dolls pretty much all look like street-walkers to me...

I'll never let my daughter have one... gross..

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, will never get them for my daughter.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I agree totally.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• yeah i dont like them either
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• No, my daughter is not allowed to have one, though my niece is.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 2:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• o this is why i am so glad that i only have boys (though im preg. and think its a girl) i absolutly hate them i think that they make little girls have bad self esteem i overheard my niece and her friends acting out the bratz and they told one of the girls that she couldnt be one because she was to fat!! i immediatly seperated all of them and talked to each one seperatly the heavy girl was very upset! when i told my niece mom she just said that they were just being girls (they are only 7 and 8!!!) i then decided never to allow the bratz in my home i dont even like barbies really!!!
    adamalory

Answer by adamalory at 3:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If I had daughters (I have three boys) I would not allow them to have Bratz dolls.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• I think they look like Drag Queens. Lots of better toys out there!
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 5:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Bratz are banned from my house. My girls know that they are off limits....and they are 4 and 6 and stay honest about it too when they see something with Bratz on it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• well you dont have to worry about bratz dolls being on the shelves any longer. reason is mattel sued them four years ago because the guy who came up with the idea for bratz was working with mattel at the time. of course big no no. so neway four years later mattel won the suit and after december of 08 all bratz dolls were pulled off the shelves.
    SxyPanamami83

Answer by SxyPanamami83 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• i hate that doll isnt disgusting .... and where were they pulled off the shelves they still have whole sections for them at walmart here and at dollar stores every where still sells them
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:01 AM on Feb. 25, 2009